Last night, the third night in Denver converted to Sodom came to a close. Of course, Bill Clinton took center stage overshadowing Obambi's inspired Vice Presidential choice, Joseph Biden. Although many in the MSM are enraptured by the happenings in Denver and can't wait to hear the Messiah from a stage modeled after a Greek temple tonight, the rest of America hasn't tuned in. The ratings for the Democrat Convention have declined even further from 2004, when the party nominated a man who actually went to Vietnam as opposed to his opponent.
However, like the losers that they are, the Democrats let the Republicans successfully use John Kerry's only asset as a club to destroy him. It certainly didn't hurt that Mr. Reporting For Duty stabbed all his Veterans in the back when he returned from war after being there for three months and obtaining three Purple Hearts. Now, McNasty and his crew have taken the charisma and celebrity of Obambi and used it to beat him into the ground as an empty suit who spouts fancy rhetoric that lacks substance, with the dutiful assistance of Pudge and Ruffles Clinton.
In an effort to make it look like he was making an effort, Bill Clinton gave a workman-like speech and voiced his strong support for the man who he has been trashing for the last months behind the scenes. Like everything the Boy President does, his speech carried on his most significant legacy as a political figure. He lied flagrantly, repeatedly and unabashedly. What else should we expect from the man who committed perjury, got impeached and disbarred, stole furniture from the White House and ultimately ended up disbarred and disgraced?
He noted last night that the Republicans attacked him back in 1992 as too inexperienced and young to be Commander-in-Chief. By analogy, he argued that Obambi would turn out just as well as he did once he gets elected. But once again, the Democrats have a very selective memory. During Clinton's first two years in office, we had foreign policy disasters in Somalia and Haiti. He permitted ethnic cleansing and genocide in Bosnia, while he focused like a laser beam on the economy by breaking his promise about a middle-class tax cut and deficit reduction, while raising taxes on every family earning over $20,000 per year to historically high levels. He appointed his wife to reform health care, but even with Democrats firmly in control of the Congress, the plan failed spectacularly and ultimately resulted in the first Republican Congress in 60 years.
Not only was he a failure internationally and domestically, his administration was ripe with corruption and scandals as noted by the investigation of his shady dealings in the Whitewater affair, the Travel Office firings, the illegal use of the FBI files of Republican officials, and the laughable process that led to the appointment of Janet Reno, one of the most idiotic and incompetent Attorney Generals in a generation. Who can forget the Nanny-gate incidents of Zoe Baird and Kimba Wood prior to his brilliant master stroke of the appointment of the woman who provided us with the Ruby Ridge and Waco murders, not to mention Elion Gonzalez? He also backed down like the wimp that he is when it came to lifting the ban on homosexuals serving the military, along with backing down over the appointment of Lani Guinier to a civil rights position at the Justice Department.
When a Wall Street Journal editorial rightly pointed out that Ms. Guinier was a Quota Queen who wanted to overturn our representative democracy in favor of a proportional voting system, a firestorm ensured and he dropped her like a hot potato in favor of a lesser known loser. There is so much more like all their friends in Arkansas who ended up in jail for corruption. Most notably, Webster Hubbell, the number three person in the Justice Department and law partner of Hillary, was sent to jail for defrauding clients. Hillary's other law partner, Vince Foster, was found in a park in his car with a bloodless bullet hole in his head. In response to his alleged suicide and more probable murder, the Clinton staffers rifled through his office and destroyed documents in an effort to cover-up what really happened.
The corruption was so rampant that Clinton was ultimately impeached for lying under oath about his tryst with a 21-year old intern. We also learned that he tried to sexually assault a widow, Katherine Willey, and while Governor of Arkansas, he raped Juanita Broderick and sexually harrassed Paula Jones. His 1996 reelection campaign was resulted in one of the biggest campaign finance scandals in history, where it was discovered that his Vice President was laundering contributions illegally through a Buddhist Temple, while Bill sold away our national security to the Chinese Government in exchange for money. The compliant Reno stifled the investigation and hundred of Clinton cronies from Communist China fled the country and were never subjected to the investigatory process.
They sold off the Lincoln bedroom to their morally depraved Hollywood friends along with pardons to tax cheat and fugitive Marc Rich, felon Susan McDougall, Puerto Rican terrorists and drug dealers. When he was about to leave office, the false economy and surpluses he lied about disappeared like the Whitewater billing records. In the end, with all his reckless and irresponsible behavior, he compromised the FBI and CIA and ultimately left a gaping hole in our National Security apparatus, which resulted in 3,000 dead on 9/11 as documented in the 9/11 Commission Report.
Thus, if the Boy President was somehow endorsing Obama by suggesting that charges of his youth and inexperience were unfounded in connection with serving as an effective President, I would think twice about accepting that notion. He was a miserable failure as President and destroyed the moral fabric of the Executive Office and ultimately led to the Democrats status as the minority party. Even after the last eight years of a troubled administration, America is still afraid to embrace the Democrats. Perhaps they have a better memory of what happened when inexperienced Democrats control the levers of power in Washington, DC.
As for Biden, he really does look old when compared to his grandchild Obambi. How refreshing that the candidate of Change We Can Believe In selected a relic of the Old Boy's Club in Washington, DC. How ironic is it that the post-partisan racial healer thought it was a good idea to select a partisan hack like Biden to help lead his party? Wasn't it Biden who presided over the disgraceful and embarrassing Supreme Court nomination hearings of Judge Bork and Clarence Thomas. Both episodes were ugly evidence of what happens when Democrats don't get what they want in terms of Supreme Court nominees.
Since we are honoring the Biden legacy, I want to share some of his more telling quotations. Whether they were plagiarized or not, I think they say a lot about Reverend Wright's disciple's decision-making skills:
- Biden, on a post-debate appearance on MSNBC, October 30, 2007: “The only guy on the other side who’s qualified is John McCain.”
- Biden appearing on The Daily Show, August 2, 2005: “John McCain is a personal friend, a great friend, and I would be honored to run with or against John McCain, because I think the country would be better off, be well off no matter who...”
- On Meet the Press, November 27, 2005: “I’ve been calling for more troops for over two years, along with John McCain and others subsequent to my saying that.”
- Reacting to an Obama speech on counter-terrorism, August 1, 2007: “‘Look, the truth is the four major things he called for, well, hell that’s what I called for,’ Biden said today on MSNBC’s Hardball, echoing comments he made earlier in the day at an event promoting his book at the National Press Club. Biden added, ‘I’m glad he’s talking about these things.’”
- Assessing Obama’s Iraq plan on September 13, 2007: “My impression is [Obama] thinks that if we leave, somehow the Iraqis are going to have an epiphany” of peaceful coexistence among warring sects. “I’ve seen zero evidence of that.”
- Speaking to the New York Observer: Biden was equally skeptical — albeit in a slightly more backhanded way — about Mr. Obama. “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy,” he said. “I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”
- Also from that Observer interview: “But — and the ‘but’ was clearly inevitable — he doubts whether American voters are going to elect ‘a one-term, a guy who has served for four years in the Senate,’ and added: ‘I don’t recall hearing a word from Barack about a plan or a tactic.’”
- On December 11, 2007: “If Iowans believe campaign funds and celebrity will fix the debacle in Iraq, put the economy on track, and provide health care and education for America’s children, they should support another candidate,” said Biden for President Campaign Manager Luis Navarro. “But I’m confident that Iowans know what I know: our problems will require experience and leadership from Day One. Empty slogans will be no match for proven action on caucus night.
- Also that night, Biden said in a campaign ad, “When this campaign is over, political slogans like ‘experience’ and ‘change’ will mean absolutely nothing. The next president has to act.”
- September 26, 2007: Biden for President Campaign Manager Luis Navarro said, “Sen. Obama said he would do everything possible to end the war in Iraq and emphasized the need for a political solution yet he failed to show up to vote for Sen. Biden’s critical amendment to provide a political solution in Iraq.
As for Biden's speech last night, he came off as more senile than McNasty with several gaffes in his long-winded litany of bull shit. Biden likes to argue that he is a scrappy kid from Scranton who came from a working class background and fought the system to rise above his station just like Neil Kinnock had in the United Kingdom. However, the real story is a lot different.
Biden's father was a business executive who mismanaged his fortune and ultimately ended up leaving his family in bad financial shape as a result of his bad judgment. They say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and I would expect the same from Biden if we ever had the misfortune of having him in charge of anything, other than partisan witch hunts against respected jurists like Robert Bork and Clarence Thomas. This guy is nothing but a loud-mouth fool who spews racists comments about Indians who work a Seven-Eleven or the "clean and neat" nature of the Schwarze Kennedy.
In the end, the Democrats have accomplished very little in Denver other than demonstrating that they are still the Clinton's bitches. We have learned nothing new about Obama and no concrete platform has been set forth. Other than lofty speeches, what else have we really learned about Obama? He will continue to be viewed as weak and gutless. He let the Clinton's take over the convention and use it as a vehicle for Hillary's 2012 Presidential campaign.
Tonight, he will speak from a structure that looks like a Greek Temple, but the Schwarze Socrates is loosing his luster against a hapless opponent who doesn't even know how many homes he has. But at least McNasty paid for his homes with his wife's riches, as opposed to the ill-begotten gains of the slum-lord and felon, Tony Rezko.
If this radical is elected to the highest office in the land, we are headed towards a great fall. Bill Clinton may think he left us with a successful legacy as President, but the facts speak louder than his flagrant lying.
Maniac - -out